Update: August 28
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic our Classes & Workshops continue to be cancelled for the forseable future. Handknit staff will consider reintroducing Classes & Workshops in the new year, 2021. There is no guarentee this will occur as the situation is ever changing and evolving.
Our Classes & Workshops were a great way to meet new people, learn new skills together and share our making experience. We really miss these opportunities and interactions however, we can't safely resume, yet. In the meantime we'd love to share our favourite learning resources, websites, videos with you to keep you moving forward in your making experience!
Find the Leraning Resources in our menu above.
It's not complete yet so expect updates with new resources :)
As of Sepember 8th, we are still encouraging booking an appointment to shop with us. However, we will be allowing 2 people MAXIMUM in the store at once. This means we're now accepting Drop-In Shopping.
If a Drop-In Customer arrives while a shopping appintment in progress - the appointment is our highest priority. Please let us know when booking your appointment if you'd like to keep it private - ie. no Drop-In Customer accepted while your appointment is in progress.
If our single Appointment Customer is comfortable we will allow a single Drop-In Customer.
If there are two Appointment Customers in store we will not allow any Drop-In Customers until the appointment is over.
WAYS TO SHOP
- By phone or FaceTime
- Curbside purchasing
- By appointment - You may call 905-393-5976, email or book online.
- Drop-in (with exceptions listed above)
*for online purchases, please scroll down for updated shipping/delivery policy
NEW HOURS (starting Sept 11)
Tuesday to Saturday
IN-STORE SHOPPING POLICIES
- By appointment - 2 customers maximum in the store. Appointments are in 1/2 hour increments. Book your shopping time through email or by phone only. Any drop-ins must book a time at the next available shopping time.
- Drop In Only allowed if:
- no shopping appointment in progress
- current single customer approves single drop-in customer
- 2 customers maximum in store at any given time
- Upon entry, customers are required to wash hands or use sanitizer. Head straight into the store toward the back on the left side is out kitchenette, please wash hands thoroughly using hand soap/paper towels available at sink; hand sanitizer is available at the front door.
- Masks are now required to be worn on entering the premises, as directed under the City of Hamilton By-Law.
- Customers are encouraged to limit the number of products they touch. ALL products that have been touched must not be placed back on the shelves. Baskets will be provided for all yarns not purchased that have been in contact with customers. Product quarantine time: 2 days
- 2 metre social distancing maintained at all times
- We will not be able to provide knitting help
- Encourage Tap payments
IN-STORE SAFETY MEASURES
- Staff will be wearing face masks while customers are in the shop
- Staff will wash hands thoroughly between each customer
- Staff will sanitize all high contact surfaces after each customer
- Thorough cleaning of contact surfaces at least twice per shift
- 2 metre social distancing will be maintained between staff and customers at all times
We have a supply of disposable face masks, hand sanitizer, hand soap/paper towels, cleaning solution and disinfecting wipes.
UPDATE TO SHIPPING & DELIVERY POLICIES
Delivery / Local Hamilton - $4
Canada Post Expedited / Ontario - $10
Canada Post Expedited / Rest of Canada - $12
Free Shipping / Ontario - $80 and over
Free Shipping / Rest of Canada - $150 and over